VOLUME PRICINGPrice per pallet (including delivery)
Shipping is FREE within the continental United States. No additional shipping costs will be added to your order of the rubber mulch product.
View below for more info on shipping.
How much rubber mulch do I need?
In the calculator below, enter the length and width of the area you want to cover. Then select the desired depth of rubber mulch. Our calculator is for a single rectangular shaped area.
In what size increments can I buy your rubber mulch?
Because we are a bulk seller and provide the most competitive prices, we only sell in 1/2 and 1 pallet increments.
What if the calculator calculates a number that is not a 1/2 or 1 pallet increment?
We prefer to be transparent with our customers so our calculator does not round up to the next pallet. If for example, it calculates 1.6 pallets, then you can decide whether to order 1.5 or 2 pallets. Our calculations are a suggestion based on our experience so there is an acceptable variance.
How much area does 1 pallet of rubber mulch cover?
That depends on how high you want to fill your area. Our calculator above provides recommendations on what depth to use for different applications. Below you can find how much 1 pallet (2,000 lbs.) of rubber mulch covers at some different sample depths:
To verify colors prior to purchase, you can order sample packs here.
Rubber mulch is an environment-friendly safety surface, manufactured from recycled passenger vehicle tires. Rubber mulch provides one of the safest and best surfaces for a wide variety of applications from children's playground surfacing to rock wall and obstacle course impact surfacing. When properly installed, the rubber mulch we sell meets the guidelines set forth by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the American Standard for Testing Materials (ASTM), ADA and the International Playground Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA).
- 100% recycled shredded rubber
- 99.9% free of steel content
- Organic, non-hazardous and non-toxic
- Reduces landfill waste
- Provides maximum fall height protection and accessibility (see Safety section below)
- Provides superior drainage and minimizes dust and dirt
- Does not retain moisture or slipperiness
- Ready to walk on almost immediately after it rains
- Reduces bug and rodent infestation
- Does not attract ants
- Will not blow or wash away in storms
- Will not decompose or compress
- Weather-friendly, never freezes
- Available in uncoated black or color coated
- Colored only with the highest rated premium coatings
- Dura-color designed to withstand exterior elements for a vibrant, long-lasting, durable finish
- Custom colors available upon request
- Loose-fill mixture of primarily 5/8” to 1” rubber nuggets
- Leaves and twigs? Simple, just use a rake or leaf blower to remove.
- Manufacturer limited warranty
- Almost twice the fall height rating as other surfacing products such as wood chips and more than twice the fall height rating of products like playground sand
- The mulch we sell is tested to have a fall height rating of at least 12' for 6" of mulch depth
- ASTM F1292‐18 (Section 4.2) and/or ASTM F3351-19 has been met or exceeded
- ASTM F3012 validated - safe for use as playground surface
- Non-flammable, in accordance with the Federal Hazardous Substance Act, 16 CFR 1500.44
- ADA Compliant - Installed at a non-compacted depth of 6” / 14 pounds per sq ft, it is handicap accessible per ASTM F1951-08
Maintaining for Safety
- Rubber mulch is extremely low-maintenance. There are a few things to consider though to get the most out of your mulch:
- Immediately after installation and inspection, mark the level of the mulch against the playground equipment, using a permanent marker.
- Rubber mulch requires periodic raking to restore the material to its safe and proper depth, especially in high traffic areas.
- Note: Failure to maintain appropriate depth, as determined according to the highest potential fall height,
may void manufacturer warranty and cause permanent injury or harm.
Playground surface impact testing - this certification validates that the impact attenuating performance criterion specified by ASTM F1292‐18 (Section 4.2) and/or ASTM F3351-19 has been met or exceeded.
Standard specification for loose‐fill rubber - this certification validates the rubber mulch is safe for use as a playground safety surface under and around playground equipment.
*regular packaging picture above shows a 2 pallet shipment - e.g. 100 bags total.
You have options - which is a good thing! Rubber mulch can be delivered in regular garden bags or supersacks, depending on your preference. The choice is yours and all packaging options are the same price and volume. We can help provide guidance to you on what makes the most sense. Just choose your packaging option above when adding rubber mulch to your shopping cart.
Regular garden bags are recommended for residential use. They are the most common and versatile. There are 25 bags per half pallet and 50 bags per pallet. Each bag contains approximately 1.5 to 1.55 cu ft. Garden bags are perfect for typical residential applications such as spreading rubber mulch over different areas of your yard. This packaging option is also convenient for when you need to save extra bags for use later.
Supersacks are recommended for commercial use or larger residential applications. Supersacks make it easier to apply larger volumes of rubber mulch to areas. This method works great when you can move the supersack directly to the application site via forklift or a Bobcat like machine. Once the supersack is in place, it is lifted via the machine and cut open from the bottom to release the rubber mulch in place.
*Due to the nature of this being sold in bulk, the weight and volume for a full pallet is an average weight and volume and may vary up or down slightly due to factors such as the package type and the varying density and shape of each piece of rubber mulch. Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.
DELIVERY SERVICE OVERVIEW
We make delivery of rubber mulch an easy and user friendly experience for you. Below is an overview of our delivery service:
You'll receive communications throughout the process. For example, when you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation email and then, once your order ships (step 1 above), you will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking code. While transit times are typically minimal, you'll be able to track your freight online once it ships. Subsequently, someone will be in contact with you (step 3 above) to coordinate the final mile delivery window.
What do I need to do?
- You need to be available to answer your phone so a delivery appointment can be scheduled.
- You need to be present for your scheduled delivery appointment, inspect the delivery, and sign. Please see our shipping page for full details.
We recommend that you read through our shipping page for more information and the best delivery experience possible.